OK, so I was wrong yesterday. Filter is in town tomorrow night, not tonight. Perhaps I should check the day on my ticket next time. I'm sure I'll find something else to do tonight, never fear.
If I hear 1 more Brett Favre story I'm going to puke. Enough already. Are the Steelers still in the league? Because I haven't seen 1 single story on my team this entire pre-season. Maybe Big Ben should have retired for a few minutes this off season to draw attention. "In today's top stories, announcer Skip Carey passed away, but first we've got breaking news that Brett Favre is tying his shoelaces. Let's go live to Erin Andrews on location in a bikini!" I've heard rumors that ESPN is considering starting an "All Brett Favre" network, 24/7 Brett news.
For my Cardinals though, Ryan Ludwick hit .538 (14-for-26) with four home runs and eight RBIs in his past seven games en route to being named the National League Player of the Week for the first time in his career. What a season this guy is having! On the year, Ludwick is in the top 10 in the NL in the three big offensive categories -- batting average (.306), home runs (27) and RBIs (78). If you said you expected this kind of production from him, you're a dirty rotten liar.
Fun day of new releases with a variety of stuff of interest to me at least:
* Black Light Burns ~ "Cover Your Heart & The Anvil Pants Odyssey" CD/DVD (a combo of covers, instrumentals, videos and a tour documentary)
* Hawthorne Heights ~ "Fragile Future" CD
* Norma Jean ~ "The Anti Mother" CD (guests: Page Hamilton of Helmet, Deftones' Chino Moreno, Saosin's Cove Reber)
* Trapt ~ "Only Through the Pain" CD (see blog here)
* AC/DC ~ "Collector's Box" DVD (2-disc documentary)
* Aerosmith ~ "Videobiography" DVD
* Rogue DVD (horror/giant killer croc movie from director of Wolf Creek)
* Get Smart Season 1 DVD